APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO A ONE-MONTH INTENSIVE TRAINING
The Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP) is an intervention programme aimed at training young people between the ages of 18-25 years in modern agricultural practices to showcase the possibilities in the Food Systems using training, internship, and mentorship platforms. This is in line with the role of the Ministry of Agriculture in the T.H.E.M.E.S Plus Developmental Agenda of the State Government which includes Capacity Building, Employment Generation, and promotion of Food Security, among others.
Applicants are now invited from suitable candidates for placement into a One-Month Training in Poultry, Piggery, Aquaculture, Vegetable Value Chains, E-Agric, and Agribusiness at the Agricultural Training Institute, Araga, Epe.
After the Training, participants will also undergo a three (3) month Internship and Mentorship phase with select commercial farms in their chosen value chains.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the Training to determine the participant’s level of comprehension and also serve as the basis for a reward system to encourage hard work.
Who Can Apply:
Young people with a passion for agriculture, who must:
- Possess a minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- Have a satisfactory physical/health condition.
- Be between the ages of 18-25.
Method of Application
- Qualified Applicants are required to visit the LAP APPLICATION PORTAL to fill out the online application form.
- Applicants should follow the online instructions on filling the registration form and upload required documents (Applicant's LASRRA Card and Academic Credentials)
- Applicants are advised to take pictures of the above mentioned documents and store on their Smart Phones, Tablets or Laptop / Desktop computers prior to accessing the registration portal. This is for the ease of uploading the documents on request.
- Applicants are instructed to fill in all required details as failing to do so would render their application incomplete
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified through SMS to attempt online Aptitude Test on dates to be slated for each month.
Please note the following:
Start Application Now
- L.A.P. is a training programme geared towards building the capacity of participants in agricultural practices in addition to creating a pool of employable young talented individuals to fill spaces in commercial farms.
- The training is not complete until participants undergo the Internship and Mentorship phase of the programme after which certificates of participation will be issued.
- The programme does not include the provision of input support to participants (except the top performers in the assessment conducted at the end of the training phase of the programme who will be considered for input support)
- A stipend of N5,000.00 (Five thousand Naira) will be paid to participants at the end of the training phase while the Government is not obligated to paying stipends to participants during the Internship and Mentorship Phase.